Getting Started Guide
Hey! We are excited that you want to start selling online! If you want to add eCommerce to your NextPaw website without spending tons of money with other providers, you came to the right place.
This guide will help you through the basic steps to set up your Ecwid store and then how to integrate your shiny new store into your NextPaw website. If you already have images and descriptions ready for the products you want to sell, you can easily start selling within a day!
Getting Started Video (6 min)
Table of Contents:
Step 1: Sign up
You can sign up for eCwid by clicking here, All you need is an email address.
To create a new account:
1. Go to the Ecwid login page.
2. Enter your full name and email.
3. Enter a password and click Next: Set up your store.
Ta-da! Now you have a store!
After you log in you will be taken to the Control Panel, where you can configure the store and manage your products and orders. Inside of the Control panel you can also get customer support via chat.
Step 2: Add business information
In the General settings section, add your business information, such as your store name and work email, then enter your currency, language, legal information, etc.
Entering all of this information is critical for both you and your customers. For example, your name and email will automatically be shown in customer email notifications. Setting up a timezone allows you to receive orders correctly if you offer in-store pickup. You will need to give your customers access to your policies for refunds, privacy, and terms of service before they buy a product.
Make sure to add:
1. Company’s name, web address, and email
2. Company’s physical address
4. Legal pages
Step 3. Enable payments
Next, you will need to add a payment gateway to collect sales revenue. Ecwid supports a variety of offline and online payment methods including PayPal, Stripe, Square, and many more.
Set up at least one payment method in your store by going to Ecwid Control Panel → Payment.
Step 4. Set up shipping and/or pickup
If you sell physical products that require shipping, you must decide how to distribute your products to your customers. There are three methods for distribution: in-store pickup, shipment via postal or your own delivery service, and third-party fulfillment services.
To set up shipping, you will need to:
1. Define your shipping strategy.
2. Calculate the rates.
3. Set up the shipping rates in Ecwid Control Panel → Shipping & Pickup so that you charge your customers the appropriate amount based on your products and the customers’ location.
Or watch this quick video tutorial on setting up shipping.
Step 5: Add and organize products
Now it's time to add products to your store. With Ecwid you can sell products and services that include just about every customization option you can think of.
It’s also very convenient to add products through the mobile app after you get signed up.
To add a new product:
1. Go to Ecwid Control Panel → Catalog → Products.
2. Click +Add New Product.
3. Enter the main product details: the Name, SKU, description, and price. If your product requires shipping, enter the weight as well.
4. Add an image to best display your product.
5. Limit the stock if your product is limited.
6. Click Save.
That's it –– you have successfully added a product to your store!
Next, you can create product categories to organize your products, making it easier for your customers to navigate and search. For example, you can create the following types of categories:
- Dog Food
-- Raw Dog Food
- Cat Food
-- Raw Cat Food
- Dog Treats
- Dog Bakery
-- Birthday Cakes
Depending on how many products you plan to offer, adding and organizing your product listings can be the most time-consuming step in setting up your store.
IMPORTING PRODUCTS FROM ANOTHER SYSTEM
You can easily import your products from Square, Shopkeep, Vend, Clover, or Woocommerce right into your store. You also also export product data from any other POS and configure a CSV file for import. Ecwid support is available to walk you through a system connection or the configuration of a file once you have product data in it.
So grab some tacos and give yourself enough time to do the work. Need help? Contact us at NextPaw and we can setup a time to help get you setup.
Optional - Place a test order.
looks like you’re all set up – congratulations! Before you pop the champagne, place a test order to make sure everything works as expected. You can follow the steps below to setup a test order, or if you feel confident you have configured your payment settings, skit to the next step to have NextPaw integrate your store.
The best way to see your customer’s experience is to place a real order including payment. We recommend setting up a test product with a low purchase price. You can always return the funds to yourself 😉
To place a test order with a real online payment:
1. Go to Ecwid Control Panel → Catalog → Products.
2. Create a product and set the price to $1. Name it Test product so your customers do not buy it by mistake:
3. Open your storefront. You can use the Visit store link in the upper right corner of your Ecwid Control Panel.
4. Find the Test product and add it to cart:
5. Enter your real email and click Checkout.
6. Select the payment method you want to test.
7. Pay for the order using real payment details.
8. Check to make sure the order appears in Ecwid Control Panel → My Sales → Orders.
9. If the order shows as Paid, congrats! You’re all set up and ready to sell!
10. Once you’ve made sure everything works properly, you can delete the test order.
Final Step: Have NextPaw Do a Final Check and Integrate Your Store
Now that you have some products added to your store, payment & shipping settings are configured, it's time to have the NextPaw team add the new store to your website.
Complete the Form Below and We'll Get Started!