If you run a pet store, then you understand that it can be a bit of a challenge to convert digital traffic into physical foot traffic for your brick-and-mortar store. Fortunately, there are several tools at your disposal and one of the most important is Google My Business (GMB). Optimizing your Google My Business profile can dramatically increase the traffic of your business. One of the ways you can do exactly that is to take advantage of social media posts. How can you use social media posts to promote your pet retail business?
How To Post Using Google My Business
Using Google My Business, you can share short and simple updates for communicating with people who are looking for the product and services that you provide. You should post on GMB regularly because Google prioritizes the most recent data in its search results. If you regularly provide updates for your customers, Google will see that you are trying to keep your customers in the loop, improving your rankings. Therefore, you need to understand how to properly take advantage of social media posts on Google My Business.
What Type of Post Is Right for Your Business?
Once you log in to Google My Business, you should head to the menu and click on the “posts” area. Some elements that you need to include in every post include:
- An image
- Relevant text
- Any time constraints (if there are any)
- A call to action, letting your customer know what he or she should do next
There are several posts that you can choose from. These include:
- Share an Offer: You can announce discounts, coupons, promotions, or other offers that are only around for a limited time.
- Update with What’s New: If there is a general announcement that you would like to make for your pet store, you can select this post type.
- Live or Online Events: If you have an event coming up for your pet store, regardless of whether it is virtual or in person, you should share the location, date, and time.
- Products: If you have a new product or service that you would like to feature, you should select this post type.
- Once you have figured out exactly what type of post do you want to share, you can get to work crafting it.
Getting the Most Out of Your Google My Business Post for Your Pet Store
When you are putting together a post for your pet store, you do not need a flashy post. There is a good chance that your audience is already looking for the products and services that you provide. Try to limit the text so that your audience does not get bored. Limiting your post to 300 characters is a good goal. You can also use photos and videos along with your post to hold the attention of your visitors. Finally, make sure that you include a call-to-action as well so your visitors do not get confused.