When people are looking for a product or service in today’s economy, they aren’t going to turn to the Yellow Pages and look for ads in the newspaper. Instead, they are going to turn to the internet, its search engines, and Google.
When pet owners are looking at the search results on Google for pet retailers, pet trainers, or other pet-oriented services, they are going to look for reviews and star ratings.
These star ratings are important because pet owners tie these ratings to the quality of someone’s pet business. With this in mind, every pet business needs to know how to get star ratings to appear next to their pet store on Google.
Where do Star Ratings Appear?
The first step is to know where these star ratings are going to show up. There are several places on Google where star ratings might be reflected. Some of the examples include:
- The pet business’s listing on Google Maps
- The Knowledge Panel profile
- Next to Google Ads the pet store might have purchased
- Near the website page’s listings
- On the review site next to the profile page
With so many locations the star ratings are going to show up, it is important for everyone to know how to increase these ratings to reflect a five-star pet business.
Getting the Star Rating to Appear on Google Maps
Take a look at the picture below. When someone searches for “pet store Charlotte,” the search results will show up. Then, the star rating for each business appears just beneath the name of each option.
Those who would like their star rating to show up like these other businesses need to carry out a few steps. These include:
- Add the location of the pet store to Google Maps. This will allow clients and customers to construct revies for the store.
- Next, claim the Google Maps listing after creating an account through Google My Business. The pet store needs to be verified before it will appear.
- Finally, once the pet store has been claimed, responding to the Google reviews left by customers will help encourage positive reviews. More reviews will increase the star rating next to the pet store’s listing in Google Maps.
Getting the Star Ratings in a Regular Google Search
Another significant place that these ratings will appear is on the search results. Take a look at the screenshot below for the search “pet store Charlotte” and see that some of the results have a star rating listed.
If the reviews in various directories come from high domain authority, the profile page will show up on the first page of the Google search results. This will also come with star rating displays.
Getting listed in the most popular directories such as Facebook, Yelp, Better Business Bureau, Trip Advisor, and Glassdoor will help accomplish this task.
Invest in Star Ratings for a Pet Business
It is important for every pet store to know how to increase their star rating. This is a key part of a review and may impact the decision of a prospective customer.
Put these methods to use and make sure that every pet owner is aware of the high-quality services the pet store provides.
Bonus tip: if these steps seem overwhelming to you, NextPaw software handles all the nitty-gritty so you don’t have to worry. Just sit back, relax, and watch customers come flooding in.